Old 08-12-07, 06:46 PM
Rev.Chuck
The Red Lantern

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by telebianchi
My current LBS pet peeve is time to get parts. I understand that the store can't keep everything in stock. No problem there. But how come I can order something from any of numerous web vendors and have the part on my doorstep in three or four days (sometimes less), but if the shop orders the same part it might take up to ten days? When I'm getting service (technical help in picking out the part, recommendations to match my bike, size and riding style) I can deal with paying the higher price at an LBS for the same part --- their knowledge is part of what I'm paying for. But the service score starts to go down if I have to wait twice as long.

I'm not looking for a lesson in warehouses, suppliers, etc. It comes down to if I want something for a ride next weekend I'm buying on line because it's much more likely that I'll have the part in time.

I was going to find something at nashbar that a shop might have to order(We stock all this stuff) so I tried: track cog, Singulator, lock ring, Miche, Nitto, Sugino, Sturmey(and Sturmey Archer), Fox Fork, Avid Ultimate,... Oh wait, did find Soma cogs spelled with K.
The regular price, from Nashbar, for a Soma cog is $29.95(Sale price right now is $24.95) The shipping for this cog is $7.25 for UPS round(3-4 days shipping depending on ship to location). If I should happen to be out of this cog and have to order it for you it will still be $29.95 but it might take a day or two longer because we do not charge for shipping(There are some exceptions to this, order a Yakima Roof case and you pay the motor freight) because we try to make orders that meet the free shipping requirement.

I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.