View Single Post
Old 08-15-07, 07:28 AM
Michelangelo
Chocolate and nap

Bikes: Old Peugeot PX10, '1974 custom Gemini racing bike, custom Singer randonneuse (Levallois, France) and Randocycles mountain bike w/rear panniers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back to work thursday and friday, as ready to go monday as I can be. Now, Claire ...

Originally Posted by claire
[...] I'm even considering giving up PBP! Plus, it's really starting to freak me out!!
Preparation is key. Don't worry, be happy, don't give up without solid reasons, remember your Lance Amstrong quote about quitting. You need to sleep well before monday evening. You completed your qualifiers so you know what is ahead of you. For most, the 600 km (<40 hours, remember) is harder than the real PBP (40 + 50 = 90 hours for 1200 km). Identify each single pain or other cause for worry and concentrate on sorting it out ahead of time. Prepare your pack(s), the timing of each stop, your bicycle, batteries, *everything. Store it somewhere, not to touch it until saturday

Originally Posted by claire
Luckily I can gather some motivation during the week...
Go for it. Over 4000 people will be here to help you through the headwind on the first leg to Loudéac: a great moment