View Single Post
Old 08-17-07, 07:58 AM
well biked

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 162 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob W
Hello again. I'm a new rider, at least new to modern mountain bikes. I'm a very casual and conservative rider - no stunts, no racing, and no drops. My bike has WTB ExiWolf tires, tubless, with hook bead rims. Less than a hundred miles on the bike and the tires are in near-new condition.

Still, I had two simultaneous flats today. Ran through some goatheads it seems.

If I add Slime inside the wheels, could that prevent small punctures from being catastrophic flats?

While looking for puncture wounds in the tire (soapy water in the kitchen sink), I noticed something very worrysome. Many of the spokes were releasing small amounts of air, and there was quite a bit of air coming from the valve stems, and one tire was leaking around the rim. Is any of that normal? There is a liner in the wheel.

Are the tires shot, or can they be repaired? I looked at Nashbar tonight online and didn't see anything like a repair kit for tubeless tires. Anyone recommend a good kit with at least 10-20 small patches?

I'm going to order some tubes for trailside repairs. Should I just add tubes permanently?

The tire brand and model is obvious, but the wheels are unmarked except for a sticker that says, "Wheel Works Cyclepro." Anyone know about these folks?

Last question, why in the heck do they make the tubless tires so hard to remove?!?

Any advice is welcomed!
-Bob
Use Stan's sealant, all problems solved (except the one about the tires being so difficult to remove from the rims). No puncture flats in the first place, the holes that are already in your tires will be "repaired," and the leaks at your spoke holes will go away-

Last edited by well biked; 08-17-07 at 08:23 AM.