cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by BCIpam
BTW Cyclezen: As we climb through that little area on Mountain Drive I've always noticed two things (as I am usually going very slow and have time for these observations!) but there are hiking trails (to Cold Springs?) and Mountain Biking trails. I often day dream about mountain biking up there instead of climbing on the road. Has anyone hike or riding either? Would like to know if it's worth going back up there for that.
Cold Spring Trail is definitely one of my favs.
Its always an interesting hike. Always runnin into something 'different' up there.
But, I prefer Mid_march or later, until early June. Less annoyin bugs and the creek is still running well, flowers is bloomin and generally things are very green.
At this time of year things get VERY Brown, and the trail (as with most trails) can get very dusty. Not the worst place to be, but a nice shoulder high southeast swell hittin the south facin beaches is a moe betta place to be...

Yes, lotsa Gonzo singletrackers like that as a start/end point. I prefer goin by foot into the hills. Gives me more time and attention to place on the little things. There's so much to be seen which I can't do iff'n I'm concentrating on not killin meself on some scary singletrak. I usually stay on the fire roads if i'm on the bikes. Less intrusive to the welcome solitude. just a quirk.

Last edited by cyclezen; 08-20-07 at 04:22 PM.