Old 08-21-07, 02:49 PM
Thasiet
Acetone Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aloyzius, glad to please. I do love my drops, but I just picked up a set of trekking bars for $10 from nashbar to play around with. They came bent though so I'll have to wait for the exchange to come back before I can experiment. Yesterday I discovered and ordered something I've wished existed for a long time, a set of these bar ends from ebay, which can be adjusted rotationally! What I'm hoping is that these can be set up vertically on the fronts of the trekking bar in such a way that they may be used as aero bars with the main grips, perhaps using ergon grips for a flatter contact area, doubling as the forearm rests. If that works out I might just abandon my drops, because I would like a way to get the weight off my wrists periodically, and this idea could potentially work even better than adding an aero bar, since the drastically wider forearm stance compared to a true aero bar would theoretically be much more stable/controllable for the touring cyclist riding on rough roads with lots of gear.