spingineer
Spinning like a gerbel

Bikes: Seven

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by the_ali
Hello Everyone! My name is Ali- I will be turning 24 this weekend. I am pretty new to the cycling world- but I love it. I have been a runner for years and my dad Lance, a triathlete, got me interested in cycling. I have a Giant OCR1 which I have started to really ride this past year. I rode in the AIDS lifecycle this past June as well as a few metric centuries since. I am finding I really enjoy hills (which at this time last year I would never have imagined saying) as well as long distance rides. I am always up for an event- and I really want to participate in more. I would definitely like to join a team for an upcoming event.
I have a pretty long commute from San Jose to Hayward and with the combo of long hours it can be hard to get as many rides in during the work week as I would like to. I have joined a a spinning class twice a week to get some sort of training in. My big goal for next year is to attempt a DC next year... so anyone who is up for some training rides please let me know!!!
Hi Ali,
It was fun having you on the ride at Tour de Max. It was a lot of fun. I'm probably continue my doubles trainings, so we can definitely hook up on some training rides. Maybe we can reel in Jobob ... she's scheduled to do Solvang Double this year (although Autumn is much tougher than the Spring version that I did earlier this year). You have good base mileage with Aids ride, so you should do fine. In fact, you'll probably be passing me on the Labor Day ride.

Welcome to BF!

My Cycling Blog