Old 06-26-04, 04:28 PM
lofter
winning magazine junkie

Bikes: top end gitanes and some funky ones too

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
imapls it is for sure a melton frame, trust me on that.mike melton made two frames for the racing twins gary and larry goering that both lived here in springfield. it dont have decals because like a idiot i started to sand and was going to repaint it when i was a young dumb kid.digital technology wasnt aroung so no pics of the decals before i started to take it down.i asked gary if he had any extra decal but he didnt .dont know how old it is but i was riding this bike right around the time or before lemond won his first tour.a guy we used to ride with has or had the other melton frame that larry used .but he was really tough on his frame. ive been trying to find him but i think he dont live in the area any more.yeah it was decked in campy nouvo, with cinnelli stem and handle bars those are stil the original cranks and pedals that i used .as i was searching for this site or anything else i came accross a stlouis site that sold old used frames and the had a melton frame they sold for 65 bucks but it was painted like a new frame so i had to wonder bout it . i seen the melton on firstflight bicycles and my jaw dropped i said man thats exactly like my bike cept a hell of alot bigger.