Old 08-28-07, 09:48 PM
invincibleone
Cause you only live once.

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale R900 (Campy) 1989 Peugeot Team Pro (Campy) 1969 Atala chrome Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ks1g
Indeed. Set up a web page asap and get it linked off the U Del athletics page. Last summer, I saw someone on the local bike trail wearing my school's kit. I tracked down the team web page and ordered one for myself.

Once you have a sponsorship packet, talk to local businesses that market to the U Del community. They may be more interested in sponsoring the team because of the local connection. Check the alumni directory for alumni (they don't have to be cyclists) you can approach. I'd also contact other college bike teams and ask them how they sponsor their activities. Also think about organizing a bike rodeo or charity ride as a means of generating publicity and sponsor interest.

Good luck!
Yeah the jersey for sale on our website idea is good, unfortunately our website is pitiful. The website is next on the agenda. And, thank you, good call on the selling them through our and the U Del Athletic site. I'll look into organizing that asap.
-Fissel