Old 08-29-07, 01:59 PM
norco_rider77

Bikes: 2007 Norco Katmandu, building a 2006 Norco Bigfoot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plastikman8
I went to Steamboat Springs when I was in HS for a soccer tourney that my sister was in. Found a great deal on a new Scott Unitrack bike with the Scott Spring Unishock fork, I decided that this new front shock trend had to be for me being I was on my second bent fork on my old Schwin Impact. I was so excited to ride it down the mountain! Couldn’t do it the next day because I got food poisoning (lesson one: No Mexican food from a restaurant in a back alley…)

The next next day, a now lighter me, was riding the gondola up to the top with my brand new bike! I was with some other guys and we started on the beginner trail. The severe washboard, and the kids with the training wheels told us that we should switch to the intermediate trail, so we did. We hit some REALLY steep (that is how I remember it at least….) single track and when I hit a rubber water bar across the trail. My flat plains riding skill kicked in, along with the new sensation of the shock compressing, and I was on my face with my new bike resting on my back. A few choice words and I was up and moving again. Found the next water bar and preceded to do the SAME THING! More cuss words….noticed I broke the bar end section of the one piece Scott handlebar….cussed more, and then rode the rest of the way fuming.

When I got back to the room, I was covered in orange dust head to toe, was bleeding, and had to shop for a new handle bar and was thinking, THIS is Mountain Biking! It was the best Mt. Bike experience I ever had!

Nic
a touching story