View Single Post
Old 06-30-04, 12:06 AM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ohio Trekker
Raiyn,

I actually looked at the Specialized that had a locking rear suspension, seemed pretty sweet, but I hadn't done any research on the technology so I'm curious as to whether it is durable or not, was amazed at the technology though. I figure another 50 pounds and I will be due a reward again! This bike is over-kill for the way I've rode the past year, but I worked hard for and deserved it, and I know I will get my money's worth and than some from it.
I can't comment to the lockout, but my Rockhopper Comp FSR is tough as anything as are 99.9% of the Specialized bikes I've had or seen, plus with the lifetime frame warranty and a great shop behind it- what's to worry about?

I should mention the fact that just about every part on the thing has been upgraded (mostly because I simply wanted to) and most of the stock stuff has been moved to my commuter bike. Not that the stock stuff was bad in any way (well the stock Manipoo fork did suck and never went home with me), but now I have two pretty pimped out rides.