Old 08-31-07, 10:53 AM
neilfein

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bdinger
I'd suggest that all this ridiculousness stops, and everyone again learn that we have a great community here. If someone wants to lose weight by drinking Guinness instead of eating while riding a bike, more power to them. But let's let them feel like part of the community that we at one point did such a great job of creating here. Let's kindly point out mistakes, and offer support for them to continue riding. Just as the commuting forum offers support for other commuters, and advice on how to commute.
I agree. I'm not sure I would be riding as much as I am (will be, when my knee is up to it - must post a thread about that later) if not for this forum. While I feel more welcome in some parts of BF than in others, I always know these communities are there if I want to dive in to, say, fixies or BMX (even though I can't imagine why I could possibly be interestedin either, but ya never know).

My bands: