Old 08-31-07, 12:19 PM
Blue Order

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Underbridge
That's certainly true - but among a certain set of cyclists (not casting aspersions broadly), there seems to be a feeling that *no* rules apply to them. I mean, if you heard about someone *driving* on the wrong side of the road, or driving with one wheel on the sidewalk, people would freak out.
Of course, no rules apply to them because they're "not cars" (an argument I've heard far too often from these idiots)-- but they have a right to the road because they're "vehicles too."

If drivers drove their cars the way those "cyclists" ride their bikes, the streets would run red-- well, significantly redder-- with blood. Thank God they're on bikes, I guess. With more cyclists on the road, and more of them seemingly totally unfamiliar with any of the rules of the road (left turn from the right curb, across the path of the car you just passed on the right, anyone?), I'm beginning to feel that my chances of being plowed into by one of those JABs are higher than my chances of being hit by a car-- and the chance of their being insured approaches nil...

Last edited by Blue Order; 08-31-07 at 12:39 PM.