Old 08-31-07, 07:15 PM
bhtooefr

Bikes: 2002 Dahon Boardwalk 1, 2003 Sun EZ-Sport Limited, 2011 TerraTrike Path 8, 2018 Gazelle Arroyo C8 HMB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Looks like I might be going car-very-light

Basically, a bunch of circumstances have come together to make it both possible, and desirable to do so.

I'll start with Wednesday.

I was involved in a car accident. No injuries, both vehicles were drivable, the worst problems with my car have been fixed already by swapping doors out with an old one I had lying around. However, my insurance will increase.

Anyway, today, I was in a meeting with the executive director and the CFO where I work, and they discussed a major raise for me, and going to salary. In addition, the CFO mentioned some apartments that she knew were available for a VERY low price, and in a good area - and only 2.4 miles from work.

I could move there, get the car on restricted mileage insurance (I'll still need the car for some other stuff, but for daily commuting, I'll go from 80-100 miles per day to ZERO miles per day on the car. Not burning $200/mo in fuel (even though it's a diesel, it's still not cheap...,) plus wear and tear not being there will help a lot,) and start riding into work and all. Also, it seems that the city is rather cycling friendly, although I see a LOT of sidewalk riders, and very few road riders.

I'm pretty happy right now.