Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by originalbart
Stop drinkin' beer.

Try some red wine.... for tomorrow, we ride.
That is funny. I remember a couple Christmas' ago the whole family was together. Somebody said to me, "you're puttin on a little weight there aren't ya?" Yeah, i had to agree. "It's all that beer, said my Dad."

I said i didn't think beer was the cause. Come to find out I was right. (like normal. ) The following February, after that conversation, i started a low fat diet and switched to diet soda. I started to lose around 1 lb per week and by the end of March i had lost around 20 lbs. I soon went from 197 lbs to around 165. I was not exercising at all. I sort of leveled off there and then decided to start running every night. I did this and lost more weight. I went down to around 158 or so.

In August I got a bike and have gone nuts ever since. I am now putting on 20-30 miles a day and can PROMISE you, that i have NO gut at all. As a matter of fact, i don't have any fat anywhere. I am a lean mean cycling machine. Now the same family members keep telling me i am too thin.

I do look pretty thin in dress clothes. In a swimming suit they will be forced to reconsider since they will all have junk hanging over their belts. And I look like an athelete. (6'2" 148 lbs. today, same as my High School weight 17 years ago. )

BTW, I still have a few beers. I'm also still on the diet. Probably always will be. No fast food, no beef, nothing high in fat. Beer has 0 grams of fat, so does so many other things you wouldn't believe.

Last edited by Portis; 06-30-04 at 05:26 PM.