View Single Post
Old 09-06-07, 09:26 AM
acroy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JosephPaul86
I went from a motorhead ignorant republican Texan to giving a crap about the world and the affects of what I do. No offense to those republicans out there.

Chat over, just happy to find a place that some people might have similar stories/come arounds.
Hey fellow asthmatic truck-owning Texan, I lived the car-centric lifestyle for about 10yrs (peaked with 5 cars, a total of around 1800 horsepower , and car bills of around 30k/yr) and finally got my act together.

I'm commonly considered a "conservative Christian" in my views but actually try to practice what i claim to believe - I try to live according to the "good stewardship" perspective.

So we live below our means, in a modest house, and walk/bike as practical, living the car-lite life. We still own 2 cars: an econobox and a small truck. We could loose the truck but it sure is handy on occasion, and paid for.

the people I manage, who make 1/2 or 1/3 what i do, live in bigger houses and drive their fancier cars a lot more! I just don't care about "keeping up" for the sake of keeping up or showing off anymore.