Bike Forums - View Single Post - A Bunch of Questions...
View Single Post
Old 07-04-04, 12:07 PM
PGZX3
~OPSEC~

Bikes: GT Timberline (mtb) and Haro Backtrail (bmx)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hmmm...as far as the bike you are talking about goes.....16.5" rims are a smaller size than the conventional bmx bike..... You might be able to find parts for it, but its going to be rough, who is this bike for btw???

skyway rims are generally considered outdated.....however for normal riding, they will do.

double wall rim is the construction of the rim itself, and a sealed hub can be identified by the bearings inside of the hub itself, I assume you're purchasing these parts from a bike shop, they will tell you when you purchase the wheels what the specific components are.

standard size for bmx wheels is 20 inches, you will have to stick to the size the frame was made for....

and good brands for parts??? I have never been too picky about the parts I rode....pretty much anything you find at a bmx specific bike shop will do just fine, there was a shop called Off Road Peddler back in houston that always carried top notch parts....You can find similar stores online at www.danscomp.com or www.empirebmx.com