View Single Post
Old 03-07-02, 04:38 AM
hunterseeker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride to get where I'm going; I keep riding because I like it, because I like being fit, and because I notice I take better care of myself and am less stressed out on the days that I ride versus the days that I don't. I also ride so I can keep riding.

I might be considered hardcore by those who don't cycle a lot because I'm pretty stubborn about riding whatever the weather, and because I'm pretty adamant about my rights and responsibilities with respect to driving my bike in traffic. I also love accessories (I'm a gadget freak, doesn't matter what context) and finding out whatever I can about the aspects of cycling I'm interested in, which are mostly about how to get where I'm going in the most efficient and enjoyable way possible. I like thinking about cycling, and sometimes when I run out of my own thoughts I like to listen to other people think about cycling, which is why I come here.

I'm not really hardcore, though, in the sense that I am right into all other aspects of cycling as a sport, however, and in the sense that I see cycling as the absolute bestest thing I could be doing with my time if I had any other choice. The urge to do a cycle tour has yet to possess me, and I doubt that I would ever be interested in racing, unless it's me against the bus, or me against me yesterday. There are too many other things I like doing -- it's just cool for me that cycling can help me do them and that I can like cycling, too. I define myself more as a cycle commuter than a cyclist...does that make any sense?

-Cathy

Last edited by hunterseeker; 03-07-02 at 04:41 AM.