View Single Post
Old 09-10-07, 04:43 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Well, I sent this to GoPro

Subject: Digital Hero question
Date: Sun, September 09, 2007 11:05 pm
To: support@goprocamera.com

I am very interested in the Digital Hero camera and am comparing it to the Oregon Scientific ATC2K Waterproof Action Cam.

Is there a helmet mount device for the GoPro Digital Hero? This is a concern because I want to use the camera for filming my bicycle rides with a helmet cam. I am currently in China and would like others to "see" my rides as I see them.

This is the answer that I received.
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your email! Without sounding biased...which is impossible, I know...our camera is so much better than the Oregon Scientific camera, it's not even in the same league. The Oregon Scientific camera suffers from:

- heavy design
- difficult buttons to use
- grainy video
- telephoto lens captures narrow field of view and this enhances "shake"
- horrible sound that is also very soft
- very poor mounting design

Even if you don't buy our camera...that's ok. Buy something else...but don't buy the Oregon Scientific camera.

We've been developing our camera non-stop as this is all we do...make these cameras. Our sound is EXCELLENT and our video is blessed with great clarity and color saturation. Our camera is not much bigger than a small book of wooden matches and it is waterproof to 100' (the Oregon is waterproof to 10'). Our camera shoots terrific 3MP stills, triple shot burst (3 photos in 2 seconds), and has a "Photo every 5 seconds" mode for hands free photos with the ease of video...only they are photos! On fully charged NiMH batteries you can shoot for over 2hrs...that's 1400+ photos when using the "photo every 5 second" mode on just 2 AAAs!

To answer your question...you can easily zip tie or otherwise attach our camera to your helmet or bike...but on NOV 1 we're releasing a line of attachment accessories that allow you to mount the camera onto you helmet, bike, moto, car, skis, etc. via an innovative quick release system.

You can see it here...all available NOV 1:

http://www.goprocamera.com/catalog.pdf

Thanks for your interest, Robert! We're here to help! :-)

Many thanks,

GoPro Support
http://www.goprocamera.com