View Single Post
Old 07-06-04, 03:18 PM
Sierra
Uff Da!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 90 Posts
I don't think imported means good or bad. Some of Schwinns nicest bikes other than the Paramount were imported. I personally have a 1980 all chrome Schwinn Voyageur 11.8 which is a very nice bike. The Schwinn Volare was another very nice imported bike. Your World Traveler is a lower end bike and I've never ridden one so I can't comment on it's ride quality. I know it's better sibling the World Voyageur has a fairly strong collector following(see the "I just missed one" thread from last week). I've never ridden one of those though either, so again, cannot comment. The earlier imports were from Japan and made by National/Matsu****a/Panasonic(and some say Bridgestone) and were generally good quality bikes. Some of the later lower end imports were from Giant of Taiwan and were still good bikes but not equipped as well as the better Japanese imports. Most all of them were better than the garden variety Varsities and Continentals with their "electroforged" gas pipe steel frames that Schwinn was making at it's Chicago plant though. My two cents worth anyway.

Last edited by cb400bill; 06-14-22 at 05:17 PM.