View Single Post
Old 09-11-07, 07:30 PM
bac

Bikes: Too many to list!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I am proud to announce official plans for the first BikeForums t-shirt! In order to make this shirt unique, it was decided that we should give the members the opportunity to come up with their own design. Then, we’ll have an official vote to determine which design will go into production.

The design winner will receive the following:

1. The 1st production BikeForums.net t-shirt off the line (collectors item? )
2. A stock www.VeloTees.com shirt of his/her choice
3. Bragging Rights on BikeForums for many, many moons!

The shirts will be priced close to cost in order to benefit BF members. It’s going to be a fun project and a great way to support a forum that has given a lot to me. Once we have the winning design and an idea regarding the number of shirts, we’ll be able to set the price. For the 1st time ever you’ll be able to recognize a fellow BF member on the street! Also, depending on the popularity of this design, we may also offer other designs/contests specific to your favorite sub-forum.

Okay, now for the rules:

1. The design must be 3 colors or less. Keep in mind that a one-color design will be less expensive to produce than a 2 or 3-color design. Obviously, photos are out.

2. The design must not feature detail less than about 1/16th of an inch. In other words, detail such as line weights must be a minimum of about 3 points, and open areas must be a minimum of about 3 points as well. That's roughly the thickness of your average wheel spoke. Don’t worry; I’ll let you know if this is an issue with your design. Remember, most of the time simple is better for a t-shirt!

3. Try to keep it clean and relatively family friendly! Anything deemed too offensive cannot be considered.

4. For voting purposes, any image that you can post on the forums will work. However, the final design needs to be in a “vector” format. These are file formats such as .ai (Adobe Illustrator), .cdr (Corel Draw), .svg (Scalable Vector Graphics), etc. If your art is of sufficient size and is clean enough, I can convert a .jpg, .gif or many other raster formats. When in doubt – submit!

5. Please use only original art.

6. To submit a design, simply post your artwork in this thread. If chosen, you will be required to submit your final artwork via email. If you have any questions, please send me a private message. I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Okay BF members ... let the games begin!!

... Brad