SSP
Software for Cyclists

Bikes: Trek 5200, Specialized MTB

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXracer
I rode 5 miles yesterday (first ride with bike), and did 12 miles today, and already feel better mentally and physically than I have in a few years.

I know my stamina will go up, and weight will go down with time and patience.

Did the right thing before todays ride (which I did around 10am when it was not so hot outside), and had an energy bar, banana, Sobe, and slice of bread with honey. Drank 3-4 bottles of water on the ride.

Felt great after 12 miles, and felt like I could have gone farther if I wanted to (but wanted to get home to see the Seahawks/Bucs game)
If you're cycling to lose weight, you just shot yourself in the foot. The "energy bar, banana, Sobe, and slice of bread with honey" contained a lot more calories than you burned on your 12 mile ride.

And then, you compounded the problem by sitting on your *ss for 3 hours watching grown men run into each other. Did you eat or drink anything while you were sitting on your butt watching the game?

FWIW, Sundays during football season are a great time to get out and ride. The temperatures are generally cooler, you have fall foliage, and there's little traffic because all the lardbutts are at home on the couch.