Thread: I Need Help
View Single Post
Old 09-12-07, 01:13 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6200 Post(s)
Liked 4,202 Times in 2,358 Posts
Originally Posted by dawhite
Hello long distance riders I am a college student at Purdue University. I am doing a project and need some input from long distance riders. I do not know any personally please help me by responding to these questions to the best of your ability

1. What electronic devices do you use/bring with you when you ride (i.e GPS, MP3 player,cell phone)
2.If there were a generator you could attached to your bike to power your electronics would you buy it?
3. How much would you pay for one?

Thank you so much for your time, it means alot to me.
please post here or email responses to dawhite@purdue.edu

-David White
As a touring cyclist (noncompetitive, ride length from 2 to 3+ weeks), I take as few electrical devices as possible. All I take that are battery driven are a cycling computer (button battery which last for years), a headlamp (runs on AA batteries) and a camera (also runs on AA batteries). The whole point of self-propelled travel is to do it with a minimum of fuss. Electronic devices are just things that can either break (thus becoming a brick), require lots of chargers to keep them running (added weight) or get lost (or stolen). Who needs that?

In answer to your other questions: Probably not.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!