stonecrd
OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach

Bikes: Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclinfool
I was also considering a Scott CR1 - but the deal on the Tarmac is so sweet and the Tarmac comes in red - and as I have said before red is faster. It comes with Mavic Ksryium equipe wheels - I might sell these off new and put a set of SL's on it. The seat and the tires will go straight away for sure.
I was comparing a 2006 CR1 to a 2007 Tarmac Pro. The Tarmac Pro was quite sweet CF bars and DA RD, the red was hot but my price limit was $3000 and the LBS could not come down to that. The Tarmac Comp was also nice but I was lusting after the pro. I was also looking at a Orbea Opal in beautiful blue and the 2006 Scott which is naked CF with white decals and was significantly cheaper being 2006. On riding the bikes I graded them CR1, Opal and then Tarmac for stiffness and acceleration. The ride comfort felt the same but then this was only a test ride. In the end the price and ride put me on the CR1, I have about 1200 miles on it so far and have no regrets it goes like bat and I have no discomfort riding it.

When you get to this level of bikes there is so little difference I think you can be happy with whatever you choose.

2013 Noah RS