Thread: I'm lost.......
View Single Post
Old 09-15-07, 05:43 PM
VegaVixen

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Sports, '84 Schwinn LeTour on the trainer (and available for hill repeats), '06 Scott CR1 SL (Ksyrium SL), and a yet-to-be-determined TT bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I, too, have had many mornings where I wondered, "Why bother to get up at all?" and "Why do you even want to live?" Understand, OP, as most everyone here on Foo does, that I lost my husband last year, after being his caregiver for three years (ALS). It's closing on a year for me now, and I have to say that being on Foo, and ridin' my bike every day, literally saved me. It's not that I wanted to die, but there were many days I just didn't want to live. There is a difference. I know.

I don't know what's goin' on in your life, but you, too, can find a way to go on. For me, I had only to remember that someone who loved me very much, namely my late husband, would never have wanted me to become self-destructive. For you, perhaps, parents?

In any case, find someone with whom you can talk, and be human. Human social contact is very important. Don't let anyone pigeon-hole you or try to paint you into a box. You have some real issues (if only your own -- I so understand this isolation issue), but you can find a way to keep going. And life can be beautiful.

I'm just guessin' here, but I suspect you are fairly young. You have many great years ahead. You are captain of your life. Go out, my friend, and LIVE it. On behalf of those who no longer can, and not by choice, like my late husband.

((hugs)) You can do it, baybuh!