Old 09-15-07, 06:14 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by doctor j
From the Arkansas contingent... Our little group rode 42 miles in a valley in the Boston Mountains today.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in Arkansas another 50+ Ride for Pie was occuring. I started out at 6am with a short jaunt to the Shipley's Donut store to get a few doughnuts while waiting for the sun to finish rising. The thermometer read an astonishing 60 degrees F. Doughnuts finished, I rode my Bacchetta recumbent into the sunrise. I'm training for the Big Dam Bridge 100 so I did my training ride, a 10 mile loop along Hinson Loop that undulates through some of the nicer parts of west Little Rock. Then I took a nap.

Knowing that I still had more miles to do and pie to eat, I later started into the commercial part of town on my failthful Specialized Hard Rock. My first stop was the Buffalo Grill. All they had pie wise was apple, so I had a slice ala mode. Mmmmm.

That done, I rode across the parking lot to Arkansas Cycling and Fitness. Besides ogling the bikes, I picked up a few necessities; a floor pump, a Camelbak hydrating pack, a Kryptonite Ulock for the Bacchetta and a safety vest. Heavily loaded down, I rode back to my apartment pedaling up the 17 percent grade that is Mara Lynn Rd.

I took another rest and then hopped back on the Hard Rock to do more shopping, finding 3 spray bottles at Dollar Tree and picking up some soap and rice at Kroger. I stopped at the blood pressure machine at Kroger and found that my BP was 115/79. Then it was home for dinner.