Old 09-17-07, 06:33 PM
mgwadz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great bike!

I have a very similar bike- though mine is labeled "chromo lite"

Reparto corse means "racing department". it was sold as a frame only, and the frame alone retailed for $800 (later $600 ). they were made until the aprox. early 2000s- I had a cracked Axis for warranty and requested one of the left-over steel ones (I had heard some were still lurkng around). The TIG welding (no lugs at the joints) indicate that the frame is fairly recent.

the geomety on mine was listed as being the same as the Axis, and probably the cross concept. (i'd have to compare)

there is absolutely no reason you couldn't race that bike in CX- I use mine as a pit bike. the only thing I don't really care for is it could use a bit more mud clearance on the fork- I got the carbon fork from the cross concept. the original steel style may be better in that regard.

have fun! I love that bike...

-m

ps I might have a screen shot of the info page from bianchi- if you want me to hunt around, send me a message with an email address.

[QUOTE=megatron4m;5276781]I only know a little bit about bikes, and it seems the archives on Bianchi's site is no longer up. I inherited this bike and would appreciate any information you might know about it (price, history, reviews, etc.). Hope you enjoy the pictures. Thanks!