View Single Post
Old 09-18-07, 07:46 AM
BellaCroix

Bikes: 2007 Cannondale CAAD 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thought about doing the metric but I've had my heart set on the miles since high school.

My background:

20 years ago I was very into cycling and dreamed of riding in the local MS150 ("Pedal to the Point"), then I got into smoking and my cycling took a back seat to the cancer sticks. I haven't been on a bike (before this year) since then.

My aunt passed away a few years ago from complications of multiple sclerosis (and poor care) and I remembered the dream from high school. In February I quit smoking (made it 141 days), bought the bike, and started riding my heart out - litterally, I think it popped out the first few times I rode. I knew I was in no shape to make the MS150 this year (August) but hoped to be able to get in a century by October. I've got to quit smoking again but recently I've had some medical problems of my own that have been getting in the way of my riding and won't be in shape for the ride now. Bummer.

I'll get there, just not on the schedule I had planned. When the date is set I'll post it, if you're in NE-Ohio, along the path and see me, shoot me a wave... I'll need the motivation.

Last edited by BellaCroix; 09-18-07 at 07:53 AM.