Old 07-11-04, 08:09 AM
shokhead

Bikes: 2012 Trek Madone 6.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pat
Well, I suppose you made a mistake with this guy. I mean some people do dumb things and all it takes is for someone to call the stupidity of their action to bring them to their senses. But there are some people who are not reasonable and they do unreasonable things as a matter of course and they resent anyone telling them what to do. I think you ran into one of those. I think you were wise in just letting it drop. Some of those people out there are not really playing with a full deck. I knew a golf pro once and he ran a golf course. I dropped by one Sunday after my ride and a couple of old guys (over 70) had had a fist fight out on the course over the speed of play. After he told me the story, one of the guys came in sporting a banged up face, skinned knuckles and a huge shiner. I mean is golf really THAT important? Also, who cares if someone is playing a little slow? It is Sunday morning. I marvelled at it. One would think that by the time one got to 70 years old, one would develop the social skills necessary to avoid problem solving with ones fists and face. But apparantly that is not the case.
Your living in the 50's.