Old 09-23-07, 12:59 AM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
I have to be pretty wrecked to not ride and if I'm not well enough to ride then I definately won't be working as my current job can be extremely strenuous.

I stayed home from work yesterday as I strained my back earlier in the week and the body finally said enough was enough... I spent the day kicking around this place, napped alot, and took it easy and was back on the bike today for 20km of rather pleasant light riding that was sponsored by Robaxicet.

I have ridden and gone to work with broken ribs and continued to take little one legged rides around the block after I ruptured the bursa in my knee in a cycling accident last summer... I had to be clipped in and could only ride in the granny gear on my mountain bike.

I missed nearly a month of prime riding time but was still able to work as I was driving a desk and could take the bus which stops a block (about as far as I could walk) from my house and then stops right in front of my old office.

My employer knows of my passion for cycling, the fact I live car free, and understands that if I'm not well to travel then I'm definately not well enough to come to work.