View Single Post
Old 07-12-04, 11:34 PM
dmitsch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 miles on new bent and got a flat

Well today I was the happiest guy in town, and then the saddest. I finally picked up my new bent from the LBS, brought it home, got everything adjusted just right, and took it out for a quick ride just before it got dark.

I was about 1.5 to 2 miles into the ride going about 16-17mph. Everything was perfect until I noticed an object (Sharp, small to medium sized rock) right in front of me. I manuvered the front tire around it but the back tire caught the edge. Before I know it, I'm hearing a hissing sound coming from the rear. I couldn't believe it, less than 2 miles into my very first ride and BAM! Flat tire. Good thing it was a nice night for the 2 mile walk home.

My bent has Dual high pressure 650c tires on it. This is my first bike with 650c tires, is this common or did I just have bad luck? The brand of the tires that came with the bike are Kenda. Are they any good, or should I invest in some that are a little more durable?

Luckily I did buy an extra tube at the bike shop so I got her fixed right up when I got home. I'll give her another go tomorrow and hopefully have a little better luck.

dmitsch