View Single Post
Old 09-26-07, 03:21 PM
chipg5

Bikes: Felt Z80 road bike, Trek 7.2FX hybrid, Jamis Aurora Touring, Volae Voyager recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My panniers keep flying off!

I commute to work, which involves a pretty steep uphill, but on the way home it's a wonderful downhill cruise.

The problem is that the road does have some bumps, and when I hit those bumps, my back panniers tend to want to come flying off of the bike. In fact a couple of days ago one of them did just that. Fortunately to date when that has happened I've never had a car run over them or had them fly into my spokes.

The panniers I have hook over the rack by a metal hook. I've seen panniers that clip onto the rack securely, but they are very expensive.

I need to be able to take the panniers on and off, so I can't fasten them on permanently. I've tried bungies, which help somewhat in that they don't let the panniers fly off the bike, but they don't stop the hook from coming off of the rack.

I'm wondering if there are any panniers out there that clip onto the rack securely and that don't cost an arm and a leg?