Old 09-27-07, 12:41 AM
CagerTools
done with civilization

Bikes: Xtracycle connected to a Schwinn Sport Hybrid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Davis is a joke, no offense. I'm going to Venice, Italy on Monday

Yeah, I'm going to Venice

This Monday. Lol... you guys can all live vicariously through me as I get to experience what real car-free living is about.

If I can't find what I'm looking for in Venice...then... well... I will go hang myself. No really though, I'll probably just realize I just want to be in the middle of nature without any cities.

Anyways, Davis...

is a joke.

I'm sorry... but who are these American League of Bicyclists anyways????

Its really sad actually. The car is dominant in Davis. You can feel it in the attitudes of drivers. I have to say the vibe I'm getting is that Davis is getting overtaken by the car culture.... and I don't think the city is doing enough to try to stop it.

Downtown is sad. Like someone said on my other thread... there are tons of cars... just going slower...sometimes not. But its annoying. Totally RUINS any feel of common place... The car literally breaks anything good about a downtown social center. Its crazy. 1 person... takes up so much space in his car. Blocks off pedestrians from walking around...

I'm speaking to the choir (or whatever the saying is)

Its just a joke. It took me coming to Davis to realize that the "platinum" rating Davis gets by the American League of Bicyclists (or whatever the exact name of the organization is)... is ridiculous. If Davis is platinum, then the rest of America is just SCREWED. which...it is.

I personally think Manhatten is a better place to live for pedestrians then Davis.

It seems the more people who take public transportation, or just walk places... the better. The more people not driving, the more power pedestrians have.

I'm really tired of American culture. Its so sad. Someone dragged me to see the movie SuperBad... and I literally realized how stupid Americans are if they actually like that movie. That movie literally solidified in my mind how I need to leave America.

Is it just me or is America turning into a horrible country. I feel like people from other places in the world are just smarter and more enlightened. Not everyone obviously. Seems many people on this car-free board are intelligent. But look at the rest of the masses of the USA. I don't even need to say anything.