SeasonedWarrior
Curmudgeon

Bikes: Specialized Mtn Bike, Vintage Schwinn Super Sport and others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. What type of bkes do people over 50 ride:

I have no idea but I am 60 and I ride a Secialized Hardrock hardtail with disc brakes, I also ried a Motobecane depending on where I am in California. I also ride and particularly lke my 1968 Schwinn Super Sport. I keep tinkering with my Schwinn so very little of it is original but its made so great rides including several Tecate to Ensenada.

2. Do I take supplements. Yes, I take a regular dose of glucosamine and condroitin for my knees (which I ruined skiing) and usually a daily vitamin and saw palmetto

3. I'm sure I've slowed down but how does one quantify that? I've certainly become more conservative and find I hut myself a lot less frequently.

4. I've been bkiking all my life: at least as far back as I can remember.

5. I do a variety of bking both on an doff road. I use my bike around town if I'm only going a few miles, or to the grocery store, local errands etc. I go on fun rides. MY bike is my local transportation. I also take a fitness ride daily of about 10 miles just to stay in shape.

6. How often do I ride? Several times a day I put on about 6k or 7k miles a year I guess. I enjoy being off the pavement and so I make a point of finding off road trails to ride and try to do that several times a week.

6. I do a lot of other activities. I enjoy swimming, sking and SCUBA diving and I do a lot of walking. Calisthenics and weights are a daily regimen.

I'm 60 but people tell me I look a lot younger, I'd still like to shed a little weight and I notice I have to work harder to stay fit but sof so good.