Old 09-28-07, 08:18 AM
Bacciagalupe
Professional Fuss-Budget

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stargazer48
Is what he says correct or has he been lucky enough not to have TSA people clip his pacsafe lock.
I've heard mixed results. Personally I wouldn't bother to lock the suitcase. What, are you worried someone's going to take your saddle?

Originally Posted by stargazer
Because I am going from AZ to NY 1st, before I head to Thailand from NY, I need to keep each of my checked in luggage down to 50lbs each. In order to keep the weigh down for my checked in luggage I would like to take my weighty tools which are all under 6 inches as well as my kryptonite Ulock and 7 ft. 10mm cable with master lock in my carry-on.
Erm, what on earth are you carrying?

Basic cable lock, multi-tool, pedal wrench. Maybe a spoke key and some spare spokes. I have no idea what else you'd need. After all, there is zero need for any sort of camping gear, so all you need is a couple of days of cycling gear and 1-2 sets of civvies. I'd be stunned if you genuinely needed more than 30 lbs of gear -- *including* your panniers.

I seriously doubt you can carry things like wrenches or locks onto a plane, even if they aren't officially banned.