View Single Post
Old 09-29-07, 03:37 AM
Al.canoe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bpert
Thank you for understanding. I live in L.A. and everything is spread out. Who wants to drive around all weekend looking at bikes? Looking at 5 different brands I'm considering generally takes different trips.

Just trying to get more input. I rode the specialized epic comp, epic marathon, and epic expert bikes today. I was impressed and wanted to buy right then... but I backed off wanting to see what else is out there. I found an 07 Hi-Fi for $1900 I'm going to check out tomorrow amongst others.
I've driven in LA several times. I'll take Atlanta.

Did you get to ride them on trails? The best I could do was ride them in the parking lots. If nothing else, there's rarely any near-by trails. Cant' really tell a lot about suspension in a parking lot.

I covered several thousand miles over a year and a half between N Florida and Tennessee looking for my first & only FS, however I was really going to these places to ride different trails anyway.

I just built a $3000 price range bike for my wife. A lot less hassle. UPS did all the driving. Spent a lot of time at the PC though shopping for prices.

Al