Old 09-30-07, 03:29 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by grahny
I just got back from the ride. It was a good time, but the route could use some hills I was in a complete daze saturday morning from lack of sleep, but still managed to pull out a quick average and get into ocean city before 11am. Today the legs were hurting pretty bad (not eating breakfast or stopping for lunch didn't help), but I got in with a few guys that wanted to burn through so we had a very fast pace line going, just hammering the whole way. I had to jump off around mile 55 or 60 to use the little boys room, and just finished the ride solo. Ended up with 20+ mph average for both days. PR on average speeds for that kind of distance, two days running. I'm pleased .. not that average speeds mean anything... time wise, per mile time was 2:56 for all 150 miles... niiiiice

I too used cycling when I first got back into it to lose weight and get back into shape. Over the years I've lost a total of 60lbs, going from 245 to 185, with the bulk of it (50lbs) being lost in the first 5 months about 5yrs ago.... lemond was absolutely right though, 'it never gets easier, you just go faster' ... something that can be applicable to even us mere mortals

Hope everyone had a good time! I'll be at the bucks county metric on the 14th as well (I think I started a thread about it a while back...hmmmm...).. here it is:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=335158

Neil- How did your ride go?
I completed the century. My computer says 106 miles, 8 hours 54 minutes rolling time. Total time including stops was 10 hours, 25 minutes. I didn't ride the second day, not because of the legs, but because of the right shoulder. I really need to solve my posture problems on the bike.

I'll post a full report later.