MTBLover
But on the road more

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe '07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Historian
Yes, Terrierman was the first BF person I contacted. I then posted a brief comment in the Charity forum. 106 miles, 8 hours 54 minutes rolling time, 10 hours 25 minutes total. I skipped the 75 mile ride back today - too much too soon. That and my right shoulder was upset it spent 8 hours in an elevated position. Someone from my bike shop saw me about mile 60 and said I looked like I was really suffering. I either need to get a great deal faster, ride in a much better posture, or develop a poker face so it's not obvious I am suffering. I'm not sure which is easiest.

Special thanks are due two Bike Forums posters who were on the ride - my team Captain, mentor, and friend Uncadan, and MTBLover, who I met at the rest stop on the century loop. MTBLover's advice that I didn't need to complete a century before the MS ride helped restore my faltering confidence a couple of weeks ago. He reminded me of that when we met in the NJ Pine Barrens yesterday. Thanks, MTBLover.
Bravo, bravo, bravo, Neil!!!! And my pleasure- it's kind of you to say thanks, but I was far from from the only one giving you advice. Lots of people in here pulling for you! It was great seeing you on the loop- you were lookin' good, and I had every confidence that you were going to make it! i couldn't tell you were suffering. Re: Grahny's comment in the charity forum- yeah, we could have used more hills, but the wind (from every direction) made up for that .
Here's to many more centuries!

Last edited by MTBLover; 09-30-07 at 08:18 PM.