Old 10-03-07, 08:58 AM
CmdrGabeE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got a Haro SR20 Racer. I'm 5'0", 110lbs. Right bike for me?

Hey, all! I recently decided to take a break from longboarding and get into BMX, for a change . I figured with a bike, I could also use it not just for BMX-specific disciplines, but to also ride around the neighborhood without having to worry about cracks, potholes, and pebbles (Stuff I have to worry about when I'm on my longboard).

So I went to my local bike shop, Cycle Options (awesome shop!) and found out that they're an official Haro dealer here in the Philippines. Thinking I want something I could use more for speed, racing, and dirt tracks, I got the Haro SR20 (20.5" TT). When I got home, I did a little more research and found out that the SR20 may be a tad too big for me. I'm only 5'0" and weigh 110lbs (Yeah, I'm pretty short for a 24yo ).

Should I stick with the SR20, or replace it with something a little smaller like the SR Expert (20" TT)? I asked the bike shop owner and he was really cool and told me I can try the SR Expert tomorrow if I wanted to.

Anyway, would love to hear what the experienced riders here think ! Sorry if I'm asking too much, but I'm relatively new to the BMX side of cycling!

Last edited by CmdrGabeE; 10-03-07 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added bike specs...