View Single Post
Old 10-03-07, 05:15 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You rang?

I've spent years developing an immunity to being smashed by a pop can!

Airbags do deploy at a very explosive rate. I don't know if it is possible to be killed by a can of pop if it is held in exactly the right position when an airbag deployes, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. Especially if it is a full can. I suppose a CD could slice your neck open too.

The main thing is to not do anything that would cause your airbag to deploy. If you crashed while drinking a can of pop, then that would not be a good thing. I'm sure the can would cause some kind of injury. A cell phone would be more off to the side, so the odds of it being a big problem are less. However they probably cause more crashes than pop cans.

To be safe you could get a 4' long straw and put the pop can into your drink holder. But then you might crash while fiddlin' with the straw. Or you could use just plastic bottles of soda. Give up the can.

Worse would be if you were drinking Sprecher's Root Beer in a 16 oz glass bottle.

Me? I'm not going to worry about it.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post