View Single Post
Old 10-04-07, 03:21 PM
filtersweep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
are you sure that he intentionally buzzed you?

do you really expect to educate this moron, assuming he did?

I was in a similar situation as you-- on my commute, buzzed by the same guy twice (a few months apart) in the same location--- when there was no one around. I confronted him the second time, when he had his wife in his car--- asked if he wouldn't mind giving me a little more room on the road (at 6am when there was no traffic). He became extremely verbally abusive and agitated... threatened to run me over if he saw me again. I posted his plates on craigslist, and some DMV angel emailed all sorts of info about the guy, including his legal history, address, name, etc.

I ended up starting to use a take-a-look mirror on my commutes, and started taking the lane more often--- never had further trouble. I was often tempted to "do something"--- but to what end? How would letting the air out of his tires help? How would petty vandalism to his vehicle change his behavior? Even leaving a note on his car would likely enrage him that someone touched his car.

Keep in mind that if you are commuting, and you retaliate, he could just as easily find you again.