Thread: Velocars
View Single Post
Old 10-08-07, 04:16 AM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks GeeBee I didn't have the Fantom plans even though I'd found the odd picture of one here and there on the internet.
I found that last black and white photo here - http://www.viewimages.com/Search.asp...partner=Google It's one that I hadn't seen myself until I was hunting around for information this afternoon.

Yes I have seen that website with the lovely red Mochet and all the very detailed photographs. A wonderful example of a picture being worth 1000 words when it comes to Velocars I'm somewhat lucky with where I live because the Hauraki Plains here in NZ is wonderfully flat and crisscrossed with a good many long straight quiet country roads. Perfect velocar testing territory
I know that there are a good many high tech velocar designs around, but it's the old WW2 era velocars that particularly fascinate me with their simple but elegant technology. Like the folk that built them back then I don't have the money to run a car (even though I don't want to), but there are times when a three or four wheeled vehicle that can carry a passenger and the week's groceries would be very useful.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.