Al Criner

Bikes: 2009 Surly Cross Check Frankenbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Identical bikes

Originally Posted by brandenjs View Post
Al, it sounds like our bikes are almost identical. I've got some pictures on my Photobucket site if you want to take a look and see how similar they are. I had a mishap that was the fault of my "relic" friction shifters on a metric century ride a couple of weeks ago. The shifter for the rear loosened up and banged down through the gears on a pretty steep climb. Needless to say I could'nt get unclipped fast enough and ended up falling over. Nothing hurt but my pride thankfully. I will be looking at switching to an indexed system if it's possible. I too am on the low budget cycling plan but I can see moving up the ladder of quality bikes in the future. In the meantime I really love this bike and it will be with me for awhile...Jeff

Jeff: I think you are right, our bikes are probably twins. I have the Sugino No. 6 cranks, etc. Sorry about your fall but I am glad you are alright. One thing about the Ross, it can probably handle a fall a lot better than you and I can. I dumped mine once and tore myself up a bit but the bike came through pretty well. I expect your bike was older than quite a few of the people riding in the century. Good Luck.