wildturkey

Bikes: Sam Hillborne, Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Just Stolen - Reward - Berkeley Ca

Hi All,
My bike was just stolen from inside the Velo Sport Bike Shop on University Ave in Berkeley. The only place I sometimes don't lock my bike is when I take it into a bike shop. I can't believe this happened. I went inside the bike shop to ask about some fenders and parked the bike at a rack inside the shop. While I was talking to the employee 20 feet away (with my back to the bike - dumb mistake, apparently, even though the employee was looking that direction) someone came in and grabbed my bike quickly and bolted out the door. I noticed as the guy was leaving and chased him by foot yelling like a madman for a couple of blocks, towards the N. Berkeley BART station, but he got way. I called the police and have a case report number: 07-53854. I am the original owner and have the serial number (I bought the frame two years ago).
BIKE DESCRIPTION:
It's a black 62cm Surly Steamroller frame, no decals. The most identifying characteristics: black Sugino 75 cranks, Chris King Headset, Selle Italia Flite Ti Saddle, a blue chain, a blue top-tube pad, the rear wheel has black deep V rim, riser bars. I'm attaching pics. The only difference is that it now has clips/straps pedals and not the Crank bro mallets you see pictured.
I'm heading out the door to put up flyers at the local bike shops... If anyone sees this bike please call me or the police. I'll give a cash reward for recovery.
Thanks guys...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_254922222222.JPG (50.1 KB, 306 views)