Old 10-09-07, 12:04 AM
jayrooney
some dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Korean Keirin PART 2 - lots of photos

A while back I started a Korean Keirin thread. Here's an update.
I just got back from Seoul and found that the old Velodrome in Jamsil Olympic park is now closed.
I was in the Seoul metro (on the way to procycle) when i saw an full wall advertisement for the Gwangmyeong Speedom.....

I was staying in Ansan (way southwest Seoul) and took a taxi for about 20,000 won to Gwangmyeong.

I got there a little early and the races hadn't started yet. On the monitor, they were playing some live races in busan you could wager on.

On Sunday the races start at 2pm and go all day until about 8pm. Here are some pics from a few different races.

I did get a chance to pick up another used frame at Procycle.
The Korean made frames are Interpro, Corex and Cello.
I checked all the used frames there (used was all I could afford) and the Interpro definitely had the nicest details. There was also a Corex in my size, but it felt a little heavier and had generic lugs/tubing... and i wasn't feeling the yellow.

Here's the Interpro I got - Nagasawa lugs (not NJS), Columbus Foco Keirin tubing. Used, but no dents.
Rides beautifully, and amazingly, there is only about 1cm toe overlap. I'll get pictures of the complete build up later. Maybe it's the same one in the advertisement on the metro....

And Here are some pics of my favorite shop in Seoul, Procylce in Jamsil. TONS of track frames.
Only a handful of used ones left all around 52 in size. The pink bridgestone and purple nagasawa are new and are 110000 won. (they've been there for over 2 years now)
The other new Korean frames are 900000-1110000 won.

Check out that pile of wheels, all DA and Zipp track hubs.
The owner is the friendliest guy, doesn't speak much english, so if you want to shop there, study your Korean or bring somebody who speaks the language.
Also, if you want to pick up a used frame, you have to talk to the owner, the regular employees won't sell the used stuff.