Old 07-21-04, 11:42 AM
TheKellys

Bikes: Centurion Le Mans

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Litespeed,

Thank you for the great advise. I am really got to have that perspective.

Originally Posted by Litespeed
You didn't mention if you and your wife have ridden one before, if not, definitely get a good experienced person to take you and your wife on your first tandem ride. It is completely different then a single. I sure wish we had, we almost didn't make it.
No, we haven't ridden on before. So getting a good person to take us sure sounds like the way to go. I am very use to a single, so I will need to learn to adapt.

The one thing my husband really had to learn was that what I say goes. You definitely don't want to frighten your wife, which isn't hard to do on a tandem unless she really likes speed. My husband tried to get me to bump up the speed but he soon found out I wasn't happy and was about to quit. He decided that he would go at my speed and make me happy.
Yes, this is the one thing that I have read, and have taken to heart. I appreciate your feedback. Knowing what not to do is just as important as knowing what to do.

This has become a good thing for both of us, we are both happy and can enjoy each other's company. Good luck finding a tandem and I hope you and your wife enjoy it as much as we do now.
Thank you very much and Happy Cycling

Last edited by TheKellys; 07-21-04 at 03:26 PM.