Old 07-21-04, 03:23 PM
hollow

Bikes: Cervelo P2K, Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by only-haley
hi, you're right that I haven't followed closely in the past, mostly the last two years but I am 16. So..I haven't really "caught on" with everything yet but I'm working on it. Not everyone can learn everything suddenly about a subject, it takes a while to learn all the riders and stuff. Anyway, I don't understand how Mancebo's pretty good at climbing like he's shown in the last few stages but he's not doing well in the mountain time trial.
Now you made me feel bad for picking on someone less than half my age. Eventhough Mancebo is good on the climbs doesn't mean he will be good on a time trial that is also a climb. Some riders need others to pace them up the hills. Look at Basso from today. Lance beat him by well over two minutes, but Basso was right there with Lance on the 3 previous mountain stages. There is a distinct difference between time trialing and climbing or riding with others. That is what makes guys like Lance and Jan so special. They can climb, time trial and just about anything else better than almost any of the other riders. Almost all of the other riders have some sort of major weakness.