View Single Post
Old 03-30-01, 06:00 AM
Grover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the replies folks

By carrier i did mean rack (oops sorry, English, nuff said)
Im not really happy about these seatpost fitting racks due to the height that they carry the load and thier incompatability with side hanging panniers. I found that Carradice now make a limpet pannier (for use with suspension forks) which (as far as i can see) must place a percentage of the weight on the axle (and possibly, skewer)

Due to my circumstances, its not really practicable for me to have more than one bike, so im looking at ways to adapt my everyday bike for touring. I have no eyelets front or rear.

My frame is Reynolds 853, would this present any problems if i wanted eyelets to be custom fitted?
As i havent yet purchased my panniers or carrier> RACK! i could yet go the bob yak way although i would prefer not to stand out quite so much

With regards to rims, I run Mavic 517 or 618s which i know wont last long but i apreciate the overall rolling weight i can achieve. Despite covering 250+ miles per week I only get about 4 months to the rear rim and maybe 9 or 10 to the front, I find this excessive. Someone told me that crramic rims last about 3x longer and ive since learned that ceramic compound pads are availible

I have used cable ties to secure the linkages on my XT Vs and so effectively doing away with the direct stoke thingamyjig. Can you still get the old self-energising suntour cantilevers?
Would i need a new (old) brakelever (cantis to V wont go, how about V to cantis?)

Cheers

Last edited by Grover; 03-30-01 at 06:18 AM.