View Single Post
Old 10-14-07, 09:00 AM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Bikes: Hillbrick, Malvern Star Oppy S2, Europa (R.I.P.)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
And just to make me really grumpy, I can't get the new cadence sensor to sensoratre or whatever it does. I mounted everything. Didn't work. Pfaffed around moving my mini pump (over to the chainring side of the bar) so I could remount the sensor closer to the unit. Didn't work. I've been through more zip ties tonight the General Motors on a bad day. Then I had a brainwave and held the unit down by the sensor. Didn't work. Speed works, but not the cadence. Grrrr. The sensor is almost touching the magnet. Yes, the magnet is a magnet (a steel bolt stuck to it). It's now after midnight and a job I wasn't going to do tonight but started only because it was 'quick and easy' is going to send me to bed grumpy. There's probably something really simple I've forgotten, though it's not mentioned in that rotten manual.

Ah well. I was wondering where I'd go for my ride tomorrow. Now I know, into the city to visit the Polar distributor and if I remember rightly, the secretary is rather cute with a beaut British accent

Richard