View Single Post
Old 10-16-07, 06:51 PM
se_racing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kilz primer...rough finish?

hey peoples. ok here's the thing..im in the process of repainting my frame and forks and i have a question for anyone that may have experience using kilz oil-based primer. following the instructions to a tee..i sprayed on three light coats of this stuff (primer) on my frame and forks. i waited 20 minutes to allow the primer to dry between coats. what i noticed after the final coat dried is that the primer has a rough, textured finish to it. is this the way it's supposed to be? am i supposed to sand the primer to a smooth or semi smooth finish before spraying on the paint? or will the paint cover up the "roughness" and leave me a smooth finish? iv'e followed instructions that others have posted on painting frames..but none state that the primer needed to be sanded before painting. the can of primer doesn't say to sand before painting either. the paint i will be using is rustoleum gloss enamel followed by a couple of coats of clear coat. any suggestions, ideas or comments are greatly appreciated. thx.

Miguel.