Old 10-18-07, 10:37 AM
HardyWeinberg
GATC

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 27 Posts
2008 minewt x2 Li

*LOVE* the minewt. But as shipped, is a bit on the tantalizing side. The battery is too big for the stem of either of our bikes. The cable is too short to reach from the top tube to the handlebar on either bike also. Turns out they sell extensions though. Another 12" would do it for either of our bikes. I just need to make sure the connectors on the extension fit the minewt. Their website is unclear on that.

Unfortunately, the cable looked almost long enough to mount on my wife's bike, but it wasn't. When she took one turn (I think it was her 2nd, actually, she made it out of the driveway but not off our street), the cable pulled and the o-ring holding the lighthead to the bar popped off. So now we need an o-ring as well as an extension cord for it.

But but but it really does blow away my 15W halo setup. Very impressive. It will wind up costing ~30% more than the halo/NiMH setup did (though not w/ the # of bulbs I've burned through on that thing) but w/ all the LED and Li advantages (long battery life, long 'bulb' life...), and a fraction of the weight for the total package too.